Charles Philibert-Thiboutot | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: New Balance
College: Laval University
Mile PR: 3:54.52
5 Things About Me: Charles Philibert-Thiboutot
- My first language is French.
- Before taking up running, my main sport was slopestyle skiing and I would direct and produce ski movies.
- I ran in college for my hometown University, Université Laval, in the Usport system, as I didn’t get recruted anywhere in Canada or the US.
- The best poutine in the world can be found in my hometown, Quebec city. Most poutines found outside the province isn’t worth it.
- Although Quebec City is my home, my favorite city in the world and running’s best kept secret is Vancouver, BC.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? True Detective season 1, The Sopranos or The Last Dance
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? New Balance RC 1400
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? McDonald’s.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Quebecers love to drive down to North Carolina beaches (although I never did myself)
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… teams could be created, marketed and funded in a model that resembles more of cycling.