Rebecca Mehra | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Oiselle Littlewing Athletics
Mile PR: 4:30.80
5 Things About Me: Rebecca Mehra
- I have two kitties that I adopted from the humane society in October- their names are Cali and Kobe.
- I got my start in running in junior lifeguards, on the beaches of Southern California.
- I tweeted about helping an elderly couple that went viral in the beginning of the pandemic, and subsequently got to meet Ellen.
- I speak and can read and write in Hindi!
- My favorite food is cheese.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? One of my favorite new shows is Ted Lasso- it’s a must-watch feel-good show. Lots of amazing running podcasts out there, but I love Ali on the Run.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Hoka Gaviota has been by go-to the past 4 years!
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Chipotle. And I would even eat it before a race.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Raleigh Distance Project ladies!!
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… we promote commentators who are funny/know what they are talking about on broadcasts. And promote events like Sir Walter Miler that bring together the community and make it FUN to attend!