Gabbi Jennings | Women’s Elite Mile
Mile PR: 4:33.65
5 Things About Me: Gabbi Jennings
- I started running high school varsity when I was 9 years old and won 43 state titles throughout my high school career.
- My first race was a 5k road race in New Orleans with my dad when I was 6.
- I am obsessed with tea the way most people are obsessed with coffee.
- In my spare time, I love to create art of all mediums. Digital art is particularly my favorite.
- I have a hamster named Gus and he’s accompanied me on road trips across 16 states in the last year and a half. He’s a well-traversed hamster.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Avatar the Last Airbender on Netflix is a must if you haven’t already seen it.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Really digging my AdiZero Adios 6 Tokyo’s right now.
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Probably a tie between Chick-fil-A and Panda Express.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? When I ran for Furman, we opened our season ever year at Raleigh Relays and I would always knock out my Regional mark. Furman’s assistant coach Logan Roberts, who helps put on Sir Walter Miler, was also vital to have pushing me in workouts my fifth year.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… We had larger outreach in our communities we live and train in. The more personal relationships we build, the more people will want to be involved in our wonderful sport.