Meet the 2021 Competitors: Emily Richards
Emily Richards (Pacer) | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | AthleteBiz
Sponsor: HOKA ONE ONE
College: Ohio Northern
Mile PR: 4:33.70
5 Things About Me: Emily Richards
- I have a rescue cat, Pepper, who keeps me company at my home in Ada, OH
- I LOVE breakfast and making it is a vital part of my morning routine (go-tos are loaded oatmeal, sweet & savory toast, or eggs and breakfast potatoes. Pour over coffee is a must.)
- I am an avid thrift shopper (though usually default to running clothes, so my closet is pretty needlessly packed)
- I coach college cross country and track and field at my alma mater. After I graduated, the university put up a larger-than-life-sized mural of me in our sports center, which is awesome, but also makes for an embarrassing stop on campus tours with recruits!
- This is my first time participating in Sir Walter Miler!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Netflix- Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul / Podcast- D3 Glory Days
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Clifton 8 (or Carbon X if you want to feel effortless on a long or tempo run)
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Taco Bell—As a vegetarian, it’s the most veg-friendly (even though they got rid of their potatoes…RIP)
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Not directly. Many of my former NJNYTC teammates are Wolfpackers and often made me an honorary member of the group! I also have lots of fond memories racing the Raleigh Relays in college.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… there was some sort of super spike… oh wait.
Learn more about Emily at: VIS Experience | Eat with the Pros | Run with the Pros
2 thoughts on “Meet the 2021 Competitors: Emily Richards”
Pingback: 2021 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2021 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler