Meet the 2021 Competitors: Johnny Gregorek
Johnny Gregorek | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter
College: Columbia, Oregon
Mile PR: 3:49.98
5 Things About Me: Johnny Gregorek
- I’m a huge fan of animals. I have a pet rabbit named Yoda and aspire to one day have a cat and a corgi.
- I drink more seltzer water than regular water. If you don’t drink seltzer I highly recommend it. The bubbles really elevate the water drinking experience.
- I love history. I studied it in college and love visiting places with rich history. I really appreciate the historic roots of the Sir Walter Miler race name!
- My wife and I love to go out to eat when we travel. Finding the best local food spots is one of the highlights of visiting a new place. If anyone has any Raleigh recommendations let us know!
- I have the world record for a mile run in Blue Jeans! I did it to raise money for the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). If you or someone you know is interested in getting involved with mental health awareness or is seeking mental health resources, I highly recommend looking them up!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? I recommend watching the survival show “Alone” on Netflix and taking notes in case you ever get stranded in the wilderness.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? My favorite training shoe is the ASICS GT-2000. I’ve worn it for years and it’s so reliable for miles and miles of healthy training.
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Is pizza fast food? If pizza is fast food then that’s my go-to. I live just outside New York City and a quick slice hits the spot every time.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have lots of friends who went to NC State and it seems like a great school. Also my dad has the NC soil 10k record. Great work pops!
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… The sport of track and field would be more exciting if the stories of the athletes involved were more widespread knowledge. Once the public is invested in the players, their interest will increase and it will become more exciting when your favorite runner is kicking down the home stretch!
Learn more about Johnny at: VIS Experience | Eat with the Pros | Run with the Pros
One thought on “Meet the 2021 Competitors: Johnny Gregorek”
Pingback: 2021 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler