Josette Norris | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Reebok Boston TC
College: Georgetown University
Mile PR: 4:31.39
5 Things About Me: Josette Norris
- I grew up in Tenafly, New Jersey. The first person to come up to me at the meet and tell me the mascot of my High School will win an exclusive “Team Josette” T-shirt :)
- I played varsity basketball in High School before switching to Indoor Track as a Junior. My pro debut was at the New York City Armory which was where I ran my first ever indoor race in High School.
- When my fiancé, Robby Andrews and I get married we will be the first American husband-wife duo to have both gone sub-4 in the 1500/Mile, respectively.
- I am currently one of only five American women to have gone sub-15:00 in the 5000m and sub-4:00 in the 1500m. Sub-2:00 800m next?
- 3 things I can’t live without: The beach, Halsey’s music, and Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups
5 Fast Questions
What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Breaking Bad
What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Reebok Floatride Energy 3.0
If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Mickey D’s
Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Started my collegiate career at UNC Chapel Hill and was a member of the winning 2014 ACC Cross Country Championship Team
The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… More people invested in the stories behind the athletes