Mick Stanovsek | Men’s Elite Mile
Club: Melbourne University TC
College: Oregon, Washington
Mile PR: 3:56.90
5 Things About Me: Mick Stanovsek
- I once snuck into a one thousand dollar-a-plate fundraiser in Seattle to meet Jimmy Chin, professional alpinist and photographer.
- I am dual citizen with Australia and the US. I spent time growing up in Mildura, Victoria, and Bonny Hills, New South Wales.
- I’ve got a 3 inch scar from trying to surf under Kitty Hawk Pier my sophomore year of high school…it didn’t go well :/
- My parents have a restaurant in Nags Head, (Noosa Beach Grill) which y’all should check out if you’re ever on the beach!
- I walked-on to University of Oregon after my freshman year, during that time I worked as a pacer for the women on Oregon Track Club in their preparations for Rio.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? The greatest political TV drama of all time…The West Wing
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? The shoe of whichever company gives me a contract!
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? About a dozen BoBerry Biscuits from Bojangles.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I went to First Flight High School in Kill Devil Kills for the first half of high school, and my parents own a restaurant (Noosa Beach Grill) in south Nags Head!
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… the last place runner of
every race gets sent to the shadow realm.
Interview on the Summer of Miles podcast