Darius Terry | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Club: Hoka Aggies
College: Arizona State
Mile PR: 4:04.80
5 Things About Me: Darius Terry
- When I was a freshmen in high school, I wanted to play football but my parents wouldn’t let me. Instead they told me I should do cross country. They mentioned something about me being too small for football (at the time I was 5’3″, 115 lbs). Still not sure if they were right about that.
- I have to be selective of my television time because I can binge watch TV all day. I have frequently watched full seasons of TV shows in a day.
- My nickname/instagram name “Sleepy D” comes from college. At Arizona State, we had 5:30am practice during the Fall due to the weather, so I was constantly tired and “Sleepy D” was born.
- I’ve been a lifelong LA Lakers fan (not a bandwagon) and they’re definitely winning the NBA Championship this upcoming season!
- I could eat pizza everyday and never get tired of it. But unfortunately I’m getting older, so that’s not an option, so I eat much healthier.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms…They’re magically delicious!
- What makes a good running partner? Proper pacing in workouts and taking the easy days EASY.
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? Chocolate Milk
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? None. This will be my first time in the State.
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… Who knows, possibly comedy. I joke around a lot, so maybe I would put more effort into that.