Meet the 2019 Competitors: Lauren Johnson
Lauren Johnson | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: adidas / Boston Athletic Association
Mile PR: 4:25.04 (2016 Sir Walter Miler Champ)
5 Things About Me: Lauren Johnson
- I have 2 dogs. Raven, a 10 yr old black lab and Hala, a 2 yr old American Eskimo.
- This will be my 3rd Sir Walter. It’s one of my favorite races!
- I did not run seriously until later than most pros. I was actually an All-American basketball player in college.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I am a volunteer coach for track and cross-country at Huntington University, a small school in Indiana.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? As a kid, probably Reese’s Puffs.
- What makes a good running partner? A good running partner for me is someone who is ok with doing most of the talking when necessary but also is comfortable running in silence.
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? On a hot summer day- Orange juice.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? None, other than Sir Walter.
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… A veterinarian. I had planned to go to Vet school before I decided to pursue professional running.
Learn more about Lauren at: VIS Experience | Dinner with the Pros | Rise and Run with the Pros
4 thoughts on “Meet the 2019 Competitors: Lauren Johnson”
Pingback: 2019 Initial Sir Walter Miler Elite Women’s Field Announced - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Cory McGee, Chris O'Hare sprint to wins at the 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler