Meet the 2019 Competitors: Sam Prakel
Sam Prakel | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Mile PR: 3:50.94
5 Things About Me: Sam Prakel
- I have four sisters, two older and two younger, and we all did cross country, swim team, and track at some point.
- I grew up in Indianapolis and am a Colts and Pacers fan (We had a golden doodle named Reggie after Reggie Miller).
- I played the trombone for eight years but am the least musically talented in my family.
- I live in Seattle, but don’t drink coffee.
- My favorite thing to eat post run is chocolate chip banana bread french toast (Thanks to Shalane’s cookbook and Katie Landwehr for the inspiration).
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Life (now and growing up)
- What makes a good running partner? Anyone who runs over 7 minute pace on their easy days
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? Any fruit smoothie
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? No direct connections, but I’ve been to Bryson City, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Raleigh, and I loved eating at the Flying Biscuit Cafe.
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… In med school.
Learn more about Sam at: VIS Experience | Dinner with the Pros | Rise and Run with the Pros
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2019 Competitors: Sam Prakel”
Pingback: 2019 Initial Sir Walter Miler Elite Men’s Field Announced - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields set for 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Cory McGee, Chris O'Hare sprint to wins at the 2019 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler