Sage Hurta | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: On Athletics Club
Mile PR: 4:30.58
5 Things About Me: Sage Hurta
- I grew up in the small town of Hamilton, NY.
- I have two dogs – Tucker (cavapoo) and Minnie (cockapoo).
- Cheese puffs are my current FAVORITE snack.
- I ran my first mile race at the age of 5 (after begging my parents to let me do it) in about 13 minutes.
- I used to not like donuts, but I’m glad I got over that.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? Downtown Abbey for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? The On CloudStratus!
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Chicken tenders and a milkshake. Near my house, probably choose either Culver’s (yay, cheese curds) or Chick-fil-a.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My grandparents, an uncle, and a cousin on my mom’s side all live in Cary. I haven’t explored North Carolina very much, but have spent many family holidays in the state.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… we could get a wider audience invested in the stories of the sport, whether through direct community engagement or online.
Interview on the Summer of Miles podcast